President and Sister Miller
President Bruce E. Miller
Mission Office Address:
8060 S 615 E
Sandy, UT 84070
Meet with the missionaries?
Select a Category
Search the blog
As we continue to focus on ward councils and causing real growth by activating the less active, we must not lose sight of our purpose to invite non-members to Christ through baptism. In every lesson to members we must ask multiple times for referrals of non-members or we will lose our balance.
Remember D&C 82:14. “Zion’s borders… MUST be enlarged.”
During zone conference there were several points of Preach My Gospel we focused on. I am now inviting all missionaries to commit to focusing on these points for the remainder of this transfer and the next four week transfer.
- We will read the scriptures as they were written. We will slow down and read for comprehension and allow time to ponder so that we will have the scriptures go through us rather than us going through the scriptures.
- In our public prayers we will follow the counsel of Elder Oaks and use thee, thou, thy and thine in our prayers rather than you, your, and yours.
- We will teach that repentance is more than discontinuing sinning. We will teach using the pamphlet “The Gospel of Jesus Christ” to teach repentance and we will draw the steps of repentance on the pamphlet each time we teach this principle.
- We will practice godly sorrow and teach our investigators the difference between worldly and godly sorrow. We understand that if our investigators do not repent and are baptized real grow will most likely not be accomplished.
- We will role play how to invite the head of household to pray in the first lesson.
- We will not dump on bishops, but rather do all in our power to lighten their load.
- We will make proper preparations before ward councils by making appointments with the bishops, ward mission leaders, and executive secretaries.
- We will come to ward councils with our fully completed Progress Record and encourage the ward mission leader to provide an updated New and Returning Member Record.
- We will create a group text for each of our ward councils and update them as we work with their less actives and non-members.
- We will role play how to conduct ourselves in ward councils.
- Remembering the piñata, we will always apply the steps of vision, goal, and plan. If we don’t, our ship may also capsize. Walt Disney had faith in his vision and was willing to risk everything. Can we do any less?
- We will use all the six basic pamphlets in our teaching to increase BCS.
- We will never say “me and my companion”.
These are the focus points that are to be used in district meetings until further directions are given.